Rocky Hill Country Day School’s Fall Classic is an annual golf and tennis tournament followed by a dinner and auction event. All are welcome to attend any and all portions of the day and it is a great opportunity to connect with the Rocky Hill Country Day community! This year marks the 21st annual Fall Classic.
Over the last 20 years, the Fall Classic has raised over $1 million for the students, faculty, and programs at the School. This year, our goal is to raise $60,000 to support: student programs and curriculum, athletics, and financial aid and scholarships. Please join us on Monday, September 23, 2019, as we hit the links, swing our rackets, and raise our bidder paddles!
Ways to participate:
- Sponsor the Event: Get exposure for your business while supporting the School at the same time. We offer sponsorships at many levels and price points. For more information, CLICK HERE.
- Be a Volunteer: There are opportunities to lend a hand setting up the auction, registering players, manning a hole-in-one, on helping in the office in the weeks prior. Plus, volunteering is a great way to meet families, faculty, and friends of the School. If you would like to volunteer on the planning committee, please contact Missy Walker.
- Play Golf: Put together a foursome, come as a single player, or come with a friend and play 18 holes on one of Rhode Island’s most beautiful courses; we offer best ball and scramble formats.
- Play Tennis: Swing a racket at Rocky Hill Country Day’s Alumni Courts. The tennis tournament is appropriate for beginning to intermediate players. It is a round-robin tournament with rotating partners.
- Join us for the Dinner and Auction: Even if you do not join us for golf or tennis, many guests just come for the dinner and auction. A highlight of the Fall Classic, the auction features a raffle and silent and live auctions.
Schedule of Events
Tennis at Rocky Hill Country Day Alumni Courts
8:30 a.m. – Registration and warm-up
9:00 a.m. – Tennis Round Robin Format: rotating partners
12:00 p.m. – Luncheon & Awards
Golf at Potowomut Golf Club
11:30 a.m. – Registration opens
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Deli Luncheon
1:00 p.m. – Shotgun start Format: scramble or best ball
Cocktail Reception, Auction, Awards & Fall Classic Dinner
5:15 – 8:00 p.m. – all golfers, tennis players, and dinner guests welcome
Assorted Hors d’oeuvres
Choice of: Prime Rib, Chicken Saltimbocca, or Eggplant Parmesan
Dessert & Coffee
Dress: casual attire, no jeans