COMMUNICATIONS & MEDIA RELATIONS COORDINATOR (25 hours)
Rocky Hill School seeks an experienced Communications and Media Relations Coordinator to implement a strategic communications plan to advance and promote the School to external and internal markets.
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, non-denominational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in preschool through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day focuses on innovative teaching and an interactive educational experience to ensure that our students grow to become navigators, critical thinkers, citizens, and communicators, who are innovative, self-aware, ethical, and globally-minded. Our diverse student body is made up of domestic and international students and our small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Located on 84 acres overlooking Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions.
The Communications and Media Relations Coordinator will be responsible for executing the School’s communications and media relations plan. These duties include posting to social media sites, managing press coverage, producing a bi-weekly electronic newsletter and annual magazine, proofing mass communications, supporting web posting, and managing communications related to various special events. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Communications and Marketing department to promote the School with strategic vision and a brand identity. S/he will report to the Global Impact Adviser. This part-time position is 25-hours per week.
- Produce content for electronic and print media and marketing materials (soliciting, editing and publishing content from faculty, staff, administration, and students for targeted and timely stories across all platforms)
- Manage/cultivate media relations and write all press releases
- Maintain press log, track visibility, expand reach locally and nationally, subscribe to local papers, share opportunities with faculty/students in a timely way
- Support social media strategic plan by producing/curating written content and imagery for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, podcast, and Blogs
- Produce bi-weekly electronic newsletter eCurrents
- Oversee content development for annual magazine The Bulletin
- Update sections of the School’s website: news, faculty and trustee profiles, programs and events, student accolades
- Proof and approve all mass communications (print and digital)
- Promote and provide communications support for School events. This includes posting on social media, sending special emails/invites, taking or arranging for photos, and marketing on the website, to the press, and in eCurrents
REQUIREMENTS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years of experience in communications and public relations
- Skill in media relations, communications, social media
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress
- Collaborative leadership style and desire to partner with administrators, teachers, students, and staff to advance the School
- Attention to detail, creative problem solving, and solid organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Availability to attend occasional night or weekend events
- Experience in an independent school or college environment preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to: Susan Fonseca, Global Impact Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10th.
Rocky Hill Country Day School is an equal opportunity employer. Rocky Hill Country Day does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, handicap or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid, employment, educational policies or other school programs.